Saturday, April 16, 2011

Flip Flops and Fried Pickles

So, it's been a while since a made a post.  Yes, I am new at this, yes my life is not that interesting, and yes, I lack the gumption to take pictures!!  I think it's genetic, and my mom would totally agree to this.  However, I do enjoy writing!!.  I came up with this name pretty soon after starting, what may be the short life of my blogging career.

Why Flip Flops and Fried Pickles?  Well, only because they are two of my most favorite random things ever!!  Flip Flops because they are pretty much a staple year round in Texas. Plus, I am not a fancy girl, give me a pair of flip flops over heels or designer shoes.  Although, I must say, my sister is probably the flip flop queen!!  She has been known to sport flip flops in the dead of winter visiting family in Tulsa, Oklahoma, just because she's a rock star like that!!  I'm pretty sure that all she packed in her suitcase in the Christmas Blizzard of 2009 was flip flops!!  Although, I can not confirm because I did not make it up there due to major roads shutting down between Dallas and Tulsa.  However, she still has all her toes, so my cousin must have been so kind as to lend her a pair of warm shoes.  She probably had to borrow socks too!



Fried Pickles, because it's just goes, not to mention, fried pickles are fabulous!!  Maybe it's the speech therapist in me trying to target the initial F sound in a phrase.  Or maybe it's that our Rock Band name for country music is "Sweet Pickles".  But anyways, it has been stuck in my head so, I'm rolling with it.



Anyways, so here ya go.  The blog that is nameless, for now anyways, is no longer nameless!!  I will consider this an accomplishment, especially since I added some pictures this time.  My page really doesn't look the way I want it to yet.  I am not handy with computers and figuring this out but hopefully I will sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment